Our consumer engagement strategy is a program to educate, consult and collaborate with the consumer sector. Launched in July 2012, the strategy aims to ensure a strong two-way flow of ideas, education and training to the sector to improve outcomes for consumers. Download a PDF version of our consumer engagement strategy.
Consumer Liaison Group
An important component of the consumer engagement strategy is our Consumer Liaison Group (CLG). The CLG is made up of consumer advocates from across Australia who meet with us throughout the year to:
- identify opportunities to make our service more effective, accessible and user-friendly for vulnerable and disadvantage consumers
- increase and improve engagement between FOS and the community sector
- promote better understanding of key issues that affect the sector with regard to dispute resolution
- provide a formal mechanism through which to communicate updates between FOS and the community sector.
- Anglicare TAS Financial Counselling
- Anglicare WA Financial Counselling
- Consumer Action Law Centre
- Consumer Credit Legal Centre
- Financial Counselling Australia
- Indigenous Consumer Assistance Network
- Legal Aid NSW
- Legal Aid QLD
- Uniting Communities